The sole reason to go on a bike ride is the picturesque beauty of the destination and the roads that lead to it. People usually opt for places that are less crowded and misty. The feeling is magical. We at Traeser have 5 such places in stock for you.
Let’s check them out.
- Lonavala/ Khandala: Lonavala and Khandala are the go to places for both, bikers and non bikers, the roads are smooth with a 3-4 hour drive from Mumbai. Lonavala is a beauty that hides behind the mis during rains. It’s so cloudy and chill there that every drop of water can be chilling. Bike riding is fun at this place. Along with the chilling rains and winter, Lonavala and Khandala is famous for Tiger Valley point. There is a fresh water spring at the top of this valley that everyone is so keen to drink from. Along with that halts in between can be flavoured with Corn pakoda and Vada Pav. Amazing experience.
- Mahabaleshwar: It is a go to travel place for mumbaikars. The usual weekend getaway is easy at Mahabaleshwar. You can get on your bike and ride to Table Top at Mahabaleshwar and enjoy the view and adventure sports there. The Mumbai–Mahabaleshwar bike ride is the longest one in the list it is 5 hours long. But its amazing views make up for the long ride. The ride, which also includes the Golden Quadrilateral road, is a smooth and easy one, barring the last 50 km climb up the hill. You can also ride off to Panchgani and enjoy paragliding.
- Matheran: Asia’s only automobile free hill station, is a celebrated weekend getaway near Mumbai. A short road trip from Mumbai takes you the picturesque hinterlands of Matheran, meaning the ‘forest on forehead’. With a 2 hours ride you can reach this beautiful spot. You can enjoy a horse ride in the moonlight if you start in the evening. It’s so beautiful that you’ll be mesmerised.
- Malshej Ghats: Malshej Ghats is an awesome location on the Mumbai- Nashik road. These Ghats have a waterfall on the open highway road during rainy season. The fog during the rainy season will fill your heart with joy and admiration. The end stop at malshej ghats has a local food court where you can enjoy the traditional misal pav that is warm and tasty complimenting the cool and rainy environment.
- Revdanda: It’s a 3-4 hour ride from mumbai on Mumbai-Goa National highway. Famous for its olive ridley turtles, this beach is empty and beautiful. A fort of Shivaji is the closest attraction along with adventure watersports. You can also enjoy the bliss of camping on this beach with the help of the near local home stays.
These are our top 5 destinations near Mumbai. If you feel we might have missed on to anyone you like. Comment them down.
Until then, Safe riding.